With the aim of improving performance and productivity, I work with executives on a one-to-one basis in the following areas:
- Enhancing personal impact and leadership skills: emotional intelligence and people-management skills are of vital importance in a highly globalised and rapidly changing world, but often still remain a challenge in many organisations . Coaching can be used to raise the individual’s awareness of their own communicational style and its impact as well as improve listening skills, learn new ways to come across more effectively and build trust, thus creating more collaborative relationships within the organisation.
- To improve performance: to assist people in gaining a better understanding of their job requirements and competencies; identify gaps in performance and improvement strategies.
- Managing change: to identify strategies that enable the individual to adapt to organisational change and/or new responsibilities
- Personal development for organisational needs: whether to reduce an individual’s destructive behaviour by raising awareness of its impact, address stress- or work/life-balance management issues, coaching is designed to integrate personal development and organisational needs.
Before deciding whether Executive Coaching will be suitable for your organisation, however, in my experience, it is helpful to consider the following:
- What is the aim of the coaching programme? How will it deliver results? It’s important to have clear intentions about how coaching will further important goals to all stakeholders in the process.
- Has the candidate for coaching been evaluated for his/her readiness and suitability for coaching? This may involve: Is the executive motivated? Can we identify an important development need? Is the executive coachable? Does s/he have support?
- Bearing in mind that successful coaching is dependent on the individual’s motivation and commitment to the process, how does the coaching programme meet the potential candidate’s development needs? In what way does it address potential problems and opportunities for growth?
- Is coaching what the potential candidate really wants? Will his/her efforts be appreciated and nurtured by his/her superior(s) and colleagues?
Once you’ve made the decision to go ahead with Coaching, you may also wish to learn about the impact assessment service I offer. If so, please contact me for further details.
- ELLIS (Ibid); SHERMAN & FREAS (Ibid); Janna VICE; Lana CARNES Developing Communication and Professional Skills through Analytical Reports Business Communication Quarterly Vol. 64 No 1 March 2001 Vol. 6 Issue 1